Construction is underway at a Waste Fines Storage Facility in the East Pilbara region of WA. UON will supply, install and construct the piping and Waste Fines facilities infrastructure including relocation of existing infrastructure with practical completion on track for February 2017.
UON’s client required an increase in capacity to the mining sites current waste fines facilities, necessary to continue plant operations. The move will involve the relocation and extension of piping facilities and pumping equipment, including earthworks. The key challenge in this HDPE project will be the safe and diligent relocation of the existing equipment, with UON’s team of technical and pumping experts performing all testing and condition reporting.
The Waste Fines Storage & HDPE project includes UON’s provision of:
- Supply and installation of steel/HDPE waste fines pipelines
- Supply of HDPE decant return pipeline
- Installation of localised earthworks & ponds
- Diesel pump procurement & testing
- Supply & Installation of Geotechnical monitoring equipment
- Relocation of 33kV Transformer & 415V Switchboard
- Below ground conduit excavation & installation to relocated electrical equipment
- Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of 33kV, 415VAC & fibre optic cable for relocated electrical equipment
With a team of up to 10 onsite including safety advisors, HDPE specialists and a construction team UON’s client has been impressed with the quality of people management in UON designated areas. Achievements on the project so far include on-schedule equipment testing & deliveries, ongoing safety improvements and strong communication between work groups operating heavy machinery.
For more UON updates and Information please visit the UON Website