This Privacy Collection Statement applies to the collection of personal information by UON Pty Ltd trading as UON (referred to here as “UON”, “we”, “our”, “us”) in its integrated energy and water business from UON’s customers who contact a UON Representative, or who provide information to UON through the www.uon.com.au website.
We collect your personal information so we can perform our business functions and activities, including:
- providing you with products and services and communicating with you and administering your account;
- answering your enquiries, providing information or advice about our products or services, and entering you into our competitions and promotions;
- sending you marketing and direct marketing communications about our products and services (whether by phone, email, SMS, or post), offers and opportunities (including competitions) that we believe that you may be of benefit to you or that you may be interested in (even if you are no longer purchasing goods or services from us) unless you inform us that you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications;
- updating our records and the content of our websites; and
- for our business processing, administrative, market research, marketing and planning requirements.
If you do not disclose the personal information that we are seeking to collect then we may be unable to respond to you, or provide you with our products or services, or send you information about them.
Depending on the nature of our interaction with you, we may collect personal information from third parties – for instance, circumstances relating to the supply of services we may collect information about you from people that you have engaged to assist you, such as soil/plant samplers or agronomic advisers. We will also, from time to time, collect personal information from our related companies or regulators that contact us.
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate; contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating of our business or website, responding to your requests, or providing or delivering our products and services or information about them to you; to suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes; in the case of our services customers, to your nominated advisor (if any) or other advisor assisting you, to the providers of information technology systems and databases that assist in the provision of the services; and to Regulatory or government agencies.
- access personal information we hold about you and seek the correction of such information;
- complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, and how we will deal with such a complaint.
UON Pty Ltd
407 Victoria Rd, Malaga, WA, 6090
Telephone: (08) 9248 5133
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website: www.oaic.gov.au
Phone:1300 363 992
UON Pty Ltd ABN 44 099 963 354
2. The Information is not comprehensive. While UON Pty Ltd (referred to here as “UON”, “we”, “our”, “us”) uses all reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information on our website, to the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, UON makes no warranty regarding the information on this website. You should monitor any changes to the information contained on this website.
3. To the extent permitted by law, UON, its directors, officers and employees do not accept any liability or responsibility arising in any way (including from UON’s negligence) for any investment decisions made on the basis of the Information. This website or Information contained in it does not constitute financial advice and should not be taken as such. UON urges you to obtain professional advice before proceeding with any investment or expenditure.
4. Unless otherwise indicated, UON owns or licenses from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this website and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on this website (Content).
5. Your use of this website and use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this website or the Content. However, UON grants you a licence to access the website and view the Content on the terms and conditions set out in these Terms and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by us and/or our third party licensors.
6. Any reproduction or redistribution of this website or the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. In addition, you must not copy the Content to any other server, location or support, for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
8. UON collects information about your use of the website using cookies and Google Analytics.
9. UON uses reasonable efforts to maintain this website and related data with safeguards to protect against loss and unauthorised access, misuse, and unlawful or improper disclosure. UON will store information entered by you in or through this website or accessed by you through this website, however you accept and acknowledge no system or data can be completely protected against all hazards or unauthorised access, and to the extent permitted by law UON is not liable for any loss occasioned by unauthorised access, misuse or unlawful or improper disclosure of your data.
10. UON does not guarantee the security of transmissions over the internet. UON shall not be responsible for your access to the internet, for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet, or for changes to or losses of data. UON is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with the use of this website or a linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from our website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or Trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
11. You must take all necessary measures to stop the introduction or spread of any viruses or any other form of software contamination, into this website when accessing information through this website.
12. UON may, from time to time and without notice, change or add to the website (including these Terms) or the information, products or services described in it, or remove or halt access to this website or any component or function on this website (including protected content).
13. UON does not undertake to keep the website updated. UON is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on the website or if that information is not up-to-date.
15. UON (or third parties) may provide you with access to protected or secure functions on this website upon valid user names and passwords being entered by you. You agree that UON will give access to such functions to any user who enters a valid user identification and password. You acknowledge that UON is entitled to assume that any information submitted in conjunction with a valid user name and password originates from a properly authorised person, whether or not that is the case and UON shall not be liable for relying upon such information.
16. You must keep user names and passwords secure and not share your user account. You are responsible for the security of your passwords and user names. You acknowledge that your failure to keep user names and passwords secure and confidential may result in unauthorised use of the website and unauthorised access to information and other unauthorised transactions. UON accepts no liability for any failure to keep the user names and passwords secure and confidential.