UON were tasked by Rio Tinto to design, supply, install and commission bore pumps, generators, telemetry and associated equipment.
Pieces of equipment
Hours worked LTI-free
UON successfully delivered and commissioned 7 in-pit dewatering packages, turkey’s nest, sedimentation basins, pumping station, HDPE pipeline connections and additional dewatering resources to sustain operations at its open iron ore pit.
- HDPE pipe and fittings including associated civil works
- 7 x In-pit bore pump assemblies and associated downhole equipment
- 7 x Trailer mounted dewatering bore headworks and UON GMC Generators
- Bore field telemetry system and integration into SCADA system
- 5 ML turkey’s nest with sediment basin
- 3 x Diesel driven skid mounted pumps for pumping station at turkey’s nest
- 2 x Water stands
- Discharge pipe, and road pipework modifications